Do you love mouth-watering ribs? Me too! That is why I instantly fell in love with these Crock Pot Barbecue Ribs from Gooseberry Patch’s Everyday Slow Cooker. Yum!
Aunt Lou here.
We love ribs in this house, but don’t generally make them unless we find a good deal on them. So when we make them, we want a delicious way to make them up. These Crock Pot Barbecue Ribs delivered!
Crock Pot Barbecue Ribs
I wasn’t feeling quite up to par on the day we had these Crock Pot Barbecue Ribs. They were incredibly simple to throw together, so I loved that making them didn’t take much effort at all.
I was actually laying down for a bit when dinner time came. When I got up, Michael was already eating. He looked up at me with a huge grin and let me know that the ribs were amazing. How often do you spend less than 5 minutes putting together a meal and get rave reviews?!
Note: You can use Beef Short Ribs or Pork Spare Ribs for this recipe. Wondering what the difference is? Check out this post from my friend Marybeth.
- 3 lbs bone-in beef short ribs or pork spare ribs wondering about the difference? Check out this post
- 1 c water
- 1/2 c barbecue sauce
- 1/2 c dry red wine OR beef broth
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Combine your water, barbecue sauce, wine OR broth, and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl
- Place your ribs in your crock pot
- Pour your mixture over your ribs
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours
Slow Cooker Recommendation
My 9 x13 casserole slow cooker made by Crock Pot worked perfectly for these Crock Pot Barbecue Ribs since it is long and shallow. If you don’t have one of these babies, then I would recommend a 5-6 quart slow cooker to accommodate all of your ribs.
Affiliate links were used in this post.