If you love tacos, you don’t want to miss these Steak Tacos from Gooseberry Patch’s Everyday Slow Cooker! They are so simple to throw together and were an instant hit with my family!
Aunt Lou here.
I found a great deal on some flat iron steaks! Half off baby!!! So you know this deal-lovin’ momma had to scoop a few of them up!
Then I saw this recipe for Steak Tacos, and I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them!
I told Michael that I was going to use them for some recipes when I bought them, but in his man-brain he blocked me out because all he could think was “GRILL GRILL GRILL!” So he was a little upset with me when I told him that I was going to use them for a recipe. Then he tried them…let’s just say he wasn’t upset with me anymore. 😉
Then there is Ryder. He has days where he will eat meat like nobody’s business. Then there are days when you would think he had never eaten it before. He will throw a fit if we try to serve it to him. Well, today was one of the latter days. He was so mad at us for putting meat on his taco…then he tried them. He LOVED it and even left some of the taco shell and cheese, but gobbled up all of the meat.
- 3-4 lbs Flat Iron Steak
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 t garlic powder
- 2 - 10 oz cans Rotel tomatoes
- taco shells
- favorite taco toppings
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Put your steak in the bottom of your crock pot
- Mix together your seasonings and sprinkle on top of your steak
- Place your tomatoes around your steak
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours
- Place your steak in a large bowl and shred with two forks
- Put your shredded steak back in your crock pot and drain any excessive juice
- Spoon into taco shells and top with favorite taco toppings
- For these yummy Steak Tacos, I used my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker. As always, clean up was a snap, and it cooked it to perfection! Your favorite 5-6 quart slow cooker would work as well.
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
Slow Cooker Recommendation
For these yummy Steak Tacos, I used my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker. As always, clean up was a snap, and it cooked it to perfection! Your favorite 5-6 quart slow cooker would work as well.
Affiliate links were used in this post.