The Perfect Crock Pot Roast really is my Momma’s recipe that I grew up on. I have tried TONS of roast recipes, and even though I have tried some pretty fantastic recipes, this has always been my favorite.
We have a quickie video of this to show you all the steps:
If you are having trouble watching this video, you can watch it here on youtube.
ALSO UPDATED with a video from Mikey from our cooking show.
As I have said before, I grew up in a meat and potatoes family. One of my favorite recipes that momma would make is The Perfect Crock Pot Roast. I am not much on carrots, but Michael loves them, so it works well. He fights me for the potatoes but usually lets me win.
The Perfect Crock Pot Roast
When I first went to college, I did alright. I didn’t get too homesick…until I came home that is. Then it was SO hard to leave! On many occasions, Momma would send her famous (at least to me) The Perfect Crock Pot Roast back with me to college. An entire roast just for me! I was the envy of everyone on my floor!
Fast forward to when I am trying to learn to cook to feed my family. I knew I wanted to make this amazing roast for my loves and was pleasantly surprised to find out that it is crazy easy!
Serves: 4-6 servings
- 2-3 lb beef roast
- 5-6 potatoes peeled and sliced into wedges
- 1 bag of baby carrots
- 2 medium onions, sliced in half
- 2 pkgs brown gravy mix
- 2 c water
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Place your roast in your 6- quart crock pot (I used my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker.)
- Surround your roast with your potato wedges, onion halves and carrots
- Mix together one of your brown gravy mixes with 1 c cold water
- Pour over your roast and veggies
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours (total)
- An hour before serving, mix together your remaining brown gravy mix and 1 c cold water
- Pour over roast and veggies
- Cover again for the last hour of cooking.
Slow Cooker Recommendation
I made up The Perfect Crock Pot Roast in good ol’ Sir Hamilton (my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker). Your favorite 5-6 quart slow cooker will work great as well.
Affiliate links were used in this post.