If you love meatball subs, then you want to check out this awesome Crock Pot Meatball Sub Casserole from Gooseberry Patch’s 101 Cozy Casseroles.
Aunt Lou here.
We love meatball subs in this house. However, I wasn’t sure about the bread in this Crock Pot Meatball Sub Casserole. It is no secret that I am a picky eater and texture is a big thing to me. And I’m here to tell ya folks, it is deeelicious!
Crock Pot Meatball Sub Casserole
One of the great things about this recipe, besides the fact that it is absolutely delectable is that it is a cinch to throw together! Have a million things going on? You can make this. Have two kids hanging off of you? You can make this? Have no experience cooking, especially with a crock pot? You can make this!
- 1 inch loaf Italian bread cut into 1- slices
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 c Greek yogurt
- 1 t Italian seasoning
- 1/4 t pepper
- 3 c shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 lb pkg frozen Italian seasoned meatballs thawed
- 24 oz jar pasta sauce
- 1 c water
- Place a single layer of bread slices in the bottom of your crock pot
- Mix together your cream cheese, Greek yogurt and seasonings in a bowl
- Spread your cream cheese mixture on your bread slices
- Sprinkle 1 cup of your cheese on top of your cream cheese mixture
- In a separate bowl, mix together your meatballs, sauce and water (gently)
- Take a spoon and spread the meatball mixture evenly over cream cheese mixture
- Sprinkle remaining 2 cups of cheese on top
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours
Slow Cooker Recommendation
My 9 x13 casserole slow cooker made by Crock Pot was just perfect for this Crock Pot Meatball Sub Casserole. It laid everything out perfectly. If you don’t have one yet, then I would use a 6-quart slow cooker or larger so you can spread it all out.
Affiliate links were used in this post.