Are you looking for the perfect recipe to use with a pork roast? Then you don’t want to miss this Perfect Crock Pot Pork Roast recipe! It is amazing!
Note: We use referral links for the products we love.
How to Make the Perfect Pork Roast in a Crock Pot
Aunt Lou here.
This Perfect Crock Pot Pork Roast recipe is based off of Momma’s tried and true Perfect Crock Pot Roast for a beef roast. If you have read the post for the beef recipe, you know that this is my all time favorite recipe from my childhood. When I would come home from college for the weekend, Momma would sometimes send me back with a roast. (Psst…Mommas of college age kids, Momma’s original recipe or this pork roast version is a great dish to send back to college with your kiddo. You will keep them out of the food court for at least a day or two! 😉 )
Let me tell ya folks, this pork roast recipe lives up to its “beef cousin” versions high standards. It is absolutely delicious! The pork roast is fall apart tender and has amazing flavor. The potatoes and carrots are phenomenal too! I can’t tell you enough how much you and your loved ones are going to love this meal! Even if you are new to cooking, I am telling you, have faith in yourself. You can do this!
What You Will Need
- 2 lb pork roast
- 5 potatoes, peeled and sliced into wedges
- 2 medium onions, halved
- 1 lb bag of baby carrots
- 2 pkgs brown gravy mix, divided
- 2 cups water, divided
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Measuring cup
- Small bowl
- Spoon or whisk
- 4 quart slow cooker
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 – 6 on low or 3 – 4 on high (Preferred cooking method for a wonderfully tender roast is 5-6 hours on low. However, we know that sometimes you have to do what you have to do. You will have a wonderfully tasting roast if you cook on high, but it may not be as tender.)
Perfect Crock Pot Pork Roast
- Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
- Place your roast in your 4-quart crock pot fat side up
- Surround your roast with your potato wedges, onion halves and carrots
- Mix together one of your brown gravy mixes with 1 cup cold water
- Pour over your roast and veggies
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours (total)
- An hour before serving, mix together your remaining brown gravy mix and 1 cup cold water
- Pour over roast and veggies
- Cover again for the last hour of cooking.
- Looking for more recipes? Our Recipe Finder can help you find exactly what you need.
- Check out all our favorite recommendations for cookbooks, slow cookers and low carb essentials in our Amazon Influencer Shop.
- As with any of our recipes, carb counts, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly. As a result, your nutritional content depends on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline. Recipes should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.
- Crock Pot Good Gravy Pork Roast
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Pork Roast with Vegetables
- Crock Pot Bacon Mushroom Pork Roast
- Crock Pot Beefy Taco Soup - December 8, 2023
- Bacon Brown Sugar Pork Chops (Oven Recipe) - December 8, 2023
- Crock Pot Chili Cheese Tater Tot Casserole for Two - December 3, 2023