Are you looking for a tried and true pork recipe? Our Crock Pot Mississippi Pork Roast is so easy to throw together and absolutely delicious!
Have you tried our Crock Pot Mississippi Beef Roast or our very popular Crock Pot Mississippi Chicken Thighs? Well, our Crock Pot Mississippi Pork Roast earns its place in the Mississippi family of recipes. I have made this with shoulder roasts, loins and tenderloins. It is definitely a staple in our regular meal rotation.
Faces Behind Our Food
So it only makes sense that next up in our Faces Behind Our Food Series (sponsored by Indiana’s Family of Farmers) is this delicious Crock Pot Mississippi Pork Roast because it is just the recipe to introduce you to my great friend Heather Hill and her beautiful family!
Heather is one of my dearest friends. Heather and her husband Marc are a part of Hill Farms. It is a multi-generational farm that currently consists of 3 generations raising corn, soybeans, wheat, and pigs.
The 3 generations are Marc and Heather, Marc’s parents, Steve and Debi Hill, and Heather and Marc’s three children, Big Sissy, Bubby, and Little Sissy.
You can read all about Heather’s life on the farm, her three kids, all their pigs and some awesome recipes on 3 Kids and Lots of Pigs and learn all about other farm families that are online at her other site Real Farmwives. Just for you, Miss Heather shared the following recipes she thought you might like:
Crock Pot Mississippi Pork Roast
Now that your mouth is watering after seeing all of Heather’s recipes, let’s check out our Crock Pot Mississippi Pork Roast.
Crock Pot Mississippi Pork Roast Notes:
- If you don’t like peppers, don’t worry… we don’t eat the pepperoncinis we just use them to add flavor during cooking. If you are not a fan of their flavor, feel free to leave them off.
- I have made this recipe with all varieties of pork roasts. If you choose a leaner roast like a tenderloin or a loin, I like to add 1/2 cup of water to dilute the mixes since not as much liquid is produced as it is with a fatter roast.
- I am seriously considering putting this Au Jus Mix in bulk (oh look! The Ranch Mix comes in bulk too!) on my Subscribe and Save list. BUT until then, I substitute Brown Gravy and Mushroom Gravy mixes as needed depending what I have on hand.
- I used my 6 qt Stainless Finish Crock Pot but you can use any slow cooker you can fit your roast into. I like this one because it makes clean up a snap. LOVE that non-stick finish and I am using less and less Crock Pot Liners because of it.
- Place roast in your slow cooker.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- Cook on low for 8 hours
- Leftovers freeze well.
Big thanks to Indiana’s Family of Farmers for sponsoring this post! Affiliate links were used in this post.